CORDELIA FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT
Invites Applications for
Final Filing Date: Continuous Hiring
Salary: $25.00 Reimbursement per 24 hour shift
Resident Firefighters are positions designed for individuals wishing to obtain on the job experience. They will work one 24 hour shift each week assigned to a Fire Station. The program is designed to provide work experience or individuals pursuing a career in emergency services.
- 18 years of age
- Valid California Driver’s license
- High school diploma and/or GED
- Graduate of a State Fire Marshal Firefighter I Academy or CSFM Firefighter I certificate
- Current Emergency Medical Technician Certificate (Solano County accredited within 30 days)
- Paramedic Certificate Highly Desirable
- Submit Cordelia Fire District application in person, via email, or by mail.
- Attach Resume – DO NOT SUBSTITUTE RESUME IN PLACE OF APPLICATION
- Attach Firefighter I Academy and all relevant certificates pertaining to position applied for
- Ride-alongs are encouraged prior to interview.
- Written test
- Oral Interview before panel of 3-5 Firefighters/Chief Officers
- Current CPAT card less than 1 year old
- Background Investigation
- Upon conditional offer of employment, you will have to furnish a current Driver’s License record from DMV, submit to a Live Scan and a physical exam.
- Interview with Fire Chief on first day of hiring
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
Ability to perform all aspects of physical requirements for a typical Fire suppression classification.
In accordance with the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if accommodations are necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position, or to participate in any portion of the selection process, please contact the Fire Chief at (707) 864-0468 within one week of final filing date.